Welcome to the Returners Fund
A grant programme of £1.5million is available for organisations to run projects aimed at returners that:
- create new job opportunities within the private sector and targeted employment sectors, including retail; law; tech and telecoms; science, technology, engineering and maths industries; creative industries;
- could not otherwise be established by the market;
- address specific barriers for returners and can be replicated at scale;
- can demonstrate self-sustainability beyond the initial funding period of the grant;
- increase understanding of how best to support a) returners to gain paid employment and b) employers to recruit and support returners.
The Government Equalities Office defines a ‘returner’ as a person who left paid employment for at least a year to take on a caring responsibility and would like to return to paid work at a level commensurate with their skills and experience.
Expressions of interest for the second round must be submitted by the 14th September at 17:00.
ROUND 2 Full applications must be submitted by 17:00 on 9th November 2018
If you are not already registered, you will need to create a new user account by selecting Register below. If you have an account and wish to manage your application, grant, or user account, select Login.
This online application portal is managed by Rocket Science on behalf of the Government Equalities Office.
Please see this document for further information concerning round 2 of the Returners Fund. Further information is also included in the presentation materials provided at the Round 2 briefing meeting held on 22nd October 2018. Please see the attached slides: